Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zeroequalsone

zeroequalsone

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

What malware would you recommend for my android phone....I've run malwarebytes on my pc and found nothing and then ran adwcleaner on it and found a whole host of problems...so i'm led to believe that adwcleaner is better...is there an equivalent for android?  I've searched for adwcleaner on google play store and there is no such beast...does anyone know an equivalent?  Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

Hi there,

AdwCleaner is a specialized removal tool designed to remove adware (hence the name), toolbars and other unwanted programs, while Malwarebytes target a wider range of threat including trojans, ransomware, rogue PC optimizers and registry cleaners etc. So it's hard to compare between the two since they remove different things.

I don't use an Android phone anymore, but IMO Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mobile should suffice.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Unless you are in the habit of downloading apps and such from untrusted sources then installing them. As well as using risky surfing habits. Any one of the well known AV and Antimalware tools listed in Google Play will work for you.

Since malware must be installed by you the user, Antimalware tools and apps are really overkill on an Android OS. I personally don't have any installed. But that is my personal MO. If you feel the need then by all means find one that has a high rating on Google Play and install it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Anti_Malware

Anti_Malware

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

Hi Zero I personally use 360 Security its free and works quite well too!

Whatever Your Mind Can Conceive And Believe, It Can Achieve - Napoleon Hill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users