Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Mobo And No Sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dickey

dickey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

I just threw together my first system and everything is working like butta' EXCEPT the sound. I have a Gigabyte mobo with onboard sound. Installed drivers, upgraded drivers and reinstalled drivers. Went through the whole Windows troubleshooting process (checked everything under the sun in Device manager and checked the BIOS) but still nothing. It's in the right jack, plugged in, and has power - but I have NADA. Any suggestions? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

Hi dickey, welcome to BC.
Could you post model of gigabyte board please?
If you are using a seperate sound card for audio (not on-board) post make and model of that as well.
Are all audio playback functions inoperable (cd-rom)?

Edited by HitSquad, 16 July 2006 - 07:29 AM.

#3 dickey

dickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers:
Fortunately and unfortunately I've found the source of my problem. I have boston acoustics ba735 speakers (they came with an old Gateway). After looking around, it seems that these speakers are a major problem when used with AC'97 chips. My mobo apparently uses an analog signal (I thought it was digital) and the speakers are digital. I'm just gonna throw my old SoundBlaster Live! card into one of my two pci slots and take it from there. Not what I wanted to do - but it'll have to work until I feel like springing for a new set of speakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users