Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Message Window Pops Every Time After Start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pinkpony

pinkpony

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:07 AM

I am using XP home. A messege window pops every time after I start my machine and sometimes it appears again in the middle of something. I am not sure if it is a system setting error or a virus. The message window is like this:

Title: "Windows - No Disk"
Messege: " There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive"

Except the popup window, my computer seems running ok. Anyone knows something about this problem? Please help me. Thanks a million.

(Moderator edit: added topic description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 14 July 2006 - 01:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:23 PM

I hope you have Quicktime as I believe thisis a problem related to it. The file qttask.exe .....
Open Task Manager and end the proces(s) qttask.exe, may be more than one.
In your Quicktime directory either rename that file or delete it. You do not need it to play any QT files. Reboot.
Let us know if this worked ..thanks
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 pinkpony

pinkpony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:58 PM

It's gone now! Thank you so much.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:01 PM

:thumbsup: You're quite welcome pinkpony. And if you haven't been already, then Welcome to BC....
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users