Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

overheating issues.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:25 AM

recently 1 day ago my laptop suddently started getting really hot during gaming...then i mean like really hot that it burns...how can i fix this? and also any good temps program i should download?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:33 PM

The most likely cause for this happening suddenly is that the fan has stopped working. The simplest way to check this is to listen to see if you get the 'whirring' noise as it spins or can feel air coming out of the exhaust vents.

Other possible causes for 'sudden' heating are a build up of dust and dirt reaching a critical level or a failure of the thermal bond between the processor and the heat sink/heat pipe.

Dealing with any or all of these is going to require a certain amount of dismantling. Search YouTube with the make and model of your laptop + fan or + heatsink and you will almost certainly find videos on how to do it. If you have any other problems or questions, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users