Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 SP1 to Win10 - Error Found - C1900101-4000D

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Graphicool1

Graphicool1

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:24 AM

Hi Guys

I first posted this on Friday morning, on someone elses ongoing thread. But not having received any help, I thought I would launch it again in my own thread.

If you haven't got the answer I'm looking for, but just want to show me a solidarity, sympathy response, I'd be obliged if you didn't, so thanks anyway.

Well, I attempted an install on Friday of this week...

I started the installation at 8.15 am (UK BST (British Summer Time). At 9.00 am I was informed by the Win10 installation programme, the following...

Windows 10 couldn't be installed, (Now there's a surprise, not!)

Error Found - C1900101-4000D Windows encountered an unknown error?. (But, no doubt of their making)

Windows is now restoring your original version of Windows.

You can find out more by clicking on Installed Updates, in the left panel.

I clicked on my installed Windows Updates, But not knowing exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for this excersize was pointless.

In any case, if the problem lies with a Windows update, then why wasn't it uninstalled by them. Or at least why didn't they just tell me which update is the culprit, out of the 400 I have? Then, I could have, uninstalled it myself. Why do they have to be so cloak and dagger about these things. Afteral, the fault is obviously theirs. 

I've since been on the Internet and it would seem that I'm far from alone in this matter. Other people have been given many different things to try. However, as yet none have worked. Apparently this has been going on for some several weeks. Unsurpisingly MS are no help what-so-ever. After all this time, how can they still be calling it an...unknown error?

I was actually looking forward to putting Win10 through it's paces today. But now I'll just have to consul myself with Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). Not that it's the consolation prize.

I am so glad I decided to try and install 10 on my laptop, before installing it on my main desktop PC. Praise be to the luck of the draw.

Since the dawn of time, when I first associated myself with Microsoft, such circumstances have been my fate, on an ongoing basis.

So, if any of you guys can throw any light on this problem, don't hold back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users