Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need some help pls...i dont know this kind of stuff,,,,

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:50 AM

Is it possible to have malwarebytes anti-malware and a other antivirus installed(for example kaspersky)? and also whats the diffrence with anti malware and anti virus? would it slow down my pc if i have both? and btw is there any other free antivirus u can reccomend me to download?

Edited by nastybloodlust, 22 August 2015 - 12:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:15 AM

G'day nastybloodlust, and Welcome to BC

Malwarebytes (MBAM) is not an AV...it is an anti malware.

having this installed with something like Kapersky or Bitdefender or Emsisoft is a good idea.  Personally I use Bitdefender Free

Keep it simple. One AV.(bitdefender, Avast, avira, etc combined with MBAM is a good combination.

The next best thing to have after that is good surfing habits.......watch what you click on

Install an adblocker in your browser as well

Only 1 AV program should be installed at any time. They tend to "fight" with each other and this leads to some weird happenings.

Viruses are a specific type of malware designed to replicate and spread.....

malware is a broad term used to describe all sorts of unwanted or malicious code....potentially unwanted programs etc

Edited by Condobloke, 22 August 2015 - 01:41 AM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:19 AM

The next best thing to have after that is good surfing habits.......watch what you click on

I would also add - make sure your " Status Bar "is shown within your Browser ,its usually above the Taskbar within the browser ,  that way anything you highlight eg: url with your cursor or pointer will tell you where it is going to take you { The URL } or if it is an .exe file , or a bad link.

I find this a good practise before you click something , to have some knowledge first of what it is and where it will take you.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not an anti-virus program nor should it be used as a replacement. Malwarebytes does not act as a real-time protection scanner for every file like anti-virus software so it is intended to be a supplement, not a substitute. The following quote is a statement from the Malwarebytes Team.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Larry Tate
Product Support

A similar statement is in this Malwarebytes HelpDesk Article: Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

In simplistic terms, Anti-virus programs generally scan for infectious malware which includes viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkis and bots.
Anti-Malware programs generally scan for adware, spyware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and potentially unsafe applications which are classified differently and do not fall into any of those categories...that is the primary reason some anti-virus programs do not detect or remove them.

If you have not done so already, you may want to read:

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

thanks so much for all the answers

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users