Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rare adware attacking my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rakolsky

Rakolsky

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:21 PM

I have looked EVERYWHERE but it seems like i'm the only one getting this problem.

Two days before, my computer started showing these weird russian ads out of nowhere. At first i thought it was a normal thing, but then i noticed that i was running adblock and so, it shouldn't be possible for those ads to be there. I started looking into it and found that every single web browser in my computer was showing these ads. I have run Avast, Adaware, Ccleaner, Malwarebytes and found nothing at all, yet the ads are still there. Worth mentioning that these ads wont pop up on google pages like youtube, nor in facebook. And somehow my phone has the same issue! I'm really desperate right now... please help

How it looks: http://i.imgur.com/Kt7smTy.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fish66

Fish66

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

Hello,
I advise you to uninstall Adaware.
1/
  • Download Adwcleaner from this link : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ onto your desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Press the Scan Button, Once its finish scanning press the Clean Button.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S0].txt as well.
2/@+

Edited by Fish66, 22 August 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Do you have a router? If you do, reset it using these instructions and set a strong username and password for it afterwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users