Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 can,t play dvd or movies online.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

When i had windows 7 dvd played good an i could watch movies online now when i go to play a dvd it says missing codec. when i go to watch a movie online it says does not support that format i dont understand whats going on. any help would be great. ty in advance. :hysterical:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:43 PM

You need to install VLC. Windows 10 did away with playing DVD's and Microsoft is now charging $15 for a junk DVD player. VLC is free.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

http://gizmodo.com/dont-buy-the-15-dvd-player-app-for-windows-10-1722388857

windows-10-dvd-player-app-640x360.png

This is worth $15? give me a break

Edited by JohnC_21, 21 August 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:27 PM

MS needs to make money some how seeing as they give us the operating system for free. We should be grateful that they have not blocked  3rd party media players....... YET.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,813 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:15 AM

AMEN to posts 2 & 3

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:36 AM

Vlc player did work for me with the dvd issue but i,m still not able to watch movies online.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

Maybe it is some new DRM Microsoft has baked into Windows 10. Does this app help? What browser are you using. If Edge, try another like Chrome or Firefox. Chrome has flash embedded but you would need to download Flash Player for use with Firefox.

#7 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

I had a similar problem and as I stated in another post,I installed the K-Lite codec pack which I have been using for years.It in turn installs media player classic and all the problems were solved at least in my case.If you're going to install it,get it from Majorgeeks.

It's a clean site and nothing to worry about.If you google k-lite you have to keep your eyes open.

#8 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

K- lite did,ent work i,m still unable to watch movies online. please any help would be great. ty. :hysterical:

#9 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:08 PM

Sorry it did not work,worked fine for me and have no other suggestions.

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,813 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

I dont understand the humour.. :hysterical:....???

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,609 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:59 PM

diggiedo, it would help a lot if you were to give us more information on your issue. What websites are you trying to watch videos on? Can you give us a few URLs? What web browsers are you using? What media player is the website using: HTML5, Flash, etc.? Right now we're just shooting answers randomly and hoping that one works. When you ask for help or ask a question, you need to give as much details as you can so the users here can actually understand the problem, find the issue and give you an appropriate answer.

Edited by Aura, 22 August 2015 - 09:00 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users