Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Factory install problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 durkinjt

durkinjt

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

I am trying to restore my Lenovo Think Center desktop to factory, when trying, I get the message that this App has been blocked for my security, security-not trusted.
This happened after I installed Win.10 last week. I am having some problems and would like to get back to factory conditions for a fresh install. T.I.A

Edited by durkinjt, 21 August 2015 - 06:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 adenIG

adenIG

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

boot, shift + F8 or Shift + F4, boot from recovery partition, restore factory settings

"If you want a drink of water, you must first have an empty cup" -Confucius

#3 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Thank a lot, worked. Will this work on computers other then Lenovo?

#4 wabbit

wabbit

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

Could be different key combinations on other computers.  I know with HP, you can do it from within the BIOS setup.  Whatever you do, do not use the restore to factory setting option from within windows 10 to revert back to Windows 7 or 8.

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Could be different key combinations on other computers.  I know with HP, you can do it from within the BIOS setup.  Whatever you do, do not use the restore to factory setting option from within windows 10 to revert back to Windows 7 or 8.

That's an excellent point: If you want to revert back to your previous version of Windows, please let us know.

#6 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

That's an excellent point: If you want to revert back to your previous version of Windows, please let us know.

Oh Oh, That's what I did, reverted from Win 10 to factory(Win.8),How should I have done it?

#7 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

It looks like you have reverted back to Windows 8 from Windows 10. Is that the case?

Do you have Windows 8 or 8.1?

Are you all set with 8.? or do you still want to do a factory restore?

#8 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

One a semi-related note, I saw yesterday on a Windows 10 computer that you have about 1 month to revert to whatever OS you had before the Windows 10 upgrade. Obviously this does not apply to Windows 10 clean installs.

#9 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

It looks like you have reverted back to Windows 8 from Windows 10. Is that the case?

Do you have Windows 8 or 8.1?

Are you all set with 8.? or do you still want to do a factory restore?

I have Win 8.1 now seems ok.

#10 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:17 PM

durkinjt I was thinking you wanted to revert back to your prior OS but that's different than setting back to factory restore

boot, shift + F8 or Shift + F4, boot from recovery partition, restore factory settings

That was the right thing to do. Happy computing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users