Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help. Literal Bleeping Computer.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 isezgrr

isezgrr

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

So today, I was playing GTA, nothing my computer can't handle, when suddenly, the screen froze and alt+tab/ctrl+alt+del didnt work. I shut down my computer, and when i tried to turn it on, 5 mins later, the power button flashed orange, and it started beeping. I unplugged everything, took off the side panel, and looked around. Nothing was out of the ordinary, so i closed it up, plugged it in, and turned it on. It did the same thing. I think the motherboard overheated, and the computer is going into a safe mode so that nothing fries. I am running a low-powered fan, and directing it into the case, also turning on the big fan in my room. If you can help, please just let me know. Thanks. :)

Specs:

Dell Inspiron 420 Refurbished

Windows 7

AMD 7780 (I think)

Dual-Core Intel processor

1 Case Fan, one Processor fan.

CX500 PSU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 adenIG

adenIG

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

We need the sequence of beeps. Like S.O.S. is three short three long three short. The sequence will tell you whats wrong with it.

"If you want a drink of water, you must first have an empty cup" -Confucius

#3 isezgrr

isezgrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:18 PM

it's 4 long beeps, repeating after a couple seconds.

Edited by isezgrr, 21 August 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#4 isezgrr

isezgrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

Also, if it helps, the monitor won't turn on when I turn on the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users