Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB virus/malware - how to remove it and save my files ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 saberrider

saberrider

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

Hello.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. so please pardon me if it isnt.

I recently took my usb drive to get a few printouts done from a PC shop. When I connected my usb at home later, it shows the space occupied by the files, but all the files are gone, and there is just a shortcut with the drive name inside. When I click on it, i get an error message that says -

"There was a problem starting /gIug.eGsKwO0cEqS4WyQsUm4W8kCoQCeGsUmEqIkMyaiKS6iKwYAmOqS4Y0cE0cOgU

The specified module could not be specified."

Can i somehow get rid of this malware/virus and retrieve my files at the same time? Please help me out.

Thanks a lot

Edited by saberrider, 21 August 2015 - 02:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

Hello saberrider, welcome to Bleeping Computer's Malware Removal forum!

My name is Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that. smile.png

======================================================

Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
  • Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in providing the best set of instructions for you. 
  • If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before proceeding.
  • Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
  • I will notify you when I believe your computer is free of malware. Please bear in mind, absence of symptoms does not necessarily correlate to absence of malware, so please wait until the "All Clean". 
  • Ensure you are following this topic. Click etYzdbu.png at the top of the page. 

======================================================

What Operating System is your computer running?

Posted Image

#3 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users