Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have upgrade icon but no email option

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 athegn

athegn

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I had the Win 10 icon on my, Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit machine before I had to replace the HDD.

I have now replaced the HDD and reinstalled, from the recovery disks, Win 7 Home Premium completely i.e. clean installed not just repair.

I also installed Windows Upgrade KB3035583 and have got the icon.

I click on the icon and click on the Reserve WIn 10 option but do not get the following option to add an email address to receive confirmation of the reserve, so I don't know if I have reserved the upgrade.

I clicked the icon on another Win7 32bit machine I have and did get the email option; for other reasons I downloaded the 32bit .iso and upgraded from that - it went well..

Do I need to install any other Windows Upgrade for another KB article?

Edited by athegn, 21 August 2015 - 01:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:17 PM

Hi athegn :)

You don't need to use the "Get Windows 10" app to upgrade to Windows 10, you can use the Media Creation Tool instead (both options will work, but the "Upgrade Now" is the easiest).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 athegn

athegn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

Thanks

Win 10 now installed and running well.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

No problem athegn, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users