Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macbook Pro won't charge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GatitaRoja

GatitaRoja

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

Yesterday, my charger stopped working when I plugged it in to my computer. I tried multiple outlets, made sure everything was plugged in and still nothing. Assuming my charger just died on me, I took a trip to Best Buy and bought a new one. 

My computer was working fine when it still had battery on it, but then the battery ran out. I tried to plug in my new charger, but the LED light just blinked between orange and green. I tired a SMC reset, and nothing happened. I opened up my computer, took out the battery, dusted it off and placed it back in. When I plugged in the charger, the LED stayed green and nothing else. I pressed the power button, and nothing.

Left it plugged in all night, and now the LED light is back to blinking between orange and green.

My computer is a MacBook Pro, 13" unibody, late 2011.

What should I do now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 adenIG

adenIG

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

sounds like a logic board failure. Did you spill anything on it recently? with your other charger is the light not turning on at all or just very very faint?

"If you want a drink of water, you must first have an empty cup" -Confucius

#3 GatitaRoja

GatitaRoja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

sounds like a logic board failure. Did you spill anything on it recently? with your other charger is the light not turning on at all or just very very faint?

Never spilled anything on it. The light on the other charger does not come on at all, but I've just realized I've been using an 85W charger when they are not supposed to be compatible with 13" MacBook Pros. The charger I have now that is blinking is the 60W. Could that be the issue?

#4 adenIG

adenIG

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Try taking out your battery completely and leave it out. Then plug in the charger and power on.

If the power turns on, you need to replace your battery more than likely.

If there is still no response when clicking on the power button..... I believe it is the logic board.

"If you want a drink of water, you must first have an empty cup" -Confucius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users