Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can I replace all my existing digital gear with just one single digital device?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Punchy71

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

I'd like to see if I can consolidate my digital life into one single device. Can my newest device, which is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" model SM-T320 (wi-fi only model) with Android OS, replace all my existing digital gear? Or would I need to acquire some other digital device of some kind or another?

I currently own all the following:

-two laptop computers, both running the GNU/Linux operating system (only used for simple tasks such as web browsing, sending and receiving e-mails and watching streaming flash videos)

-one Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" model SM-T320 (wi-fi only model) with Android OS (just learning how to use it)

-one pre-paid cell-phone (the cheap kind, for emergencies only)

-one Garmin Nuvi automobile GPS receiver that I have on my dash while driving my car to help navigate unfamiliar areas

-one Garmin eTrex hand-held GPS receiver with contour-elevation maps of a four-state region on a single MicroSD card for navigation while hiking (I keep for emergencies only)

Thanks for any help

Edited by Punchy71, 21 August 2015 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kayza

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

I'd have to say a definite maybe. What do you do with your laptops, for instance? And why do you have two of them? What do you use for telephony? Do you have any interest in the ability to communicate when out and about? Not just talk, text and email, but access to information? The tablet could probably replace both GPS, although the Garmin may have features not available on the android based navigators (I just don't know enough about them to say.) But, you would need a mount in the car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users