Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brant

brant

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

Hi all,

Everytime I turn on my computer and turn on my printer a window comes up called Windows Installer and says preparing to install. I don't remember it happening in my past computers and one of them was runing the same os. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Cheers,

Brant :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:02 AM

Sounds like you possibly haven't installed the complete program for the printer.

What happens if you let it run?

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:42 PM

I had a similar problem with Windows downloader popping up when I would click on certain links and checking my floppy drive even though it was empty. I cured the problem with Ccleaner Issues/registry repair. It is risky, as others here on the forum will tell you, but it worked.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 brant

brant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

When I let it run it dissapears though it can get very annouying. And I have installed the software for my printer. It also happens when I turn on my computer.

Cheers,

Brant

#5 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

Does it happen to say what it is trying to install?
Are ya sure the printer software fully installed? Try looking in device manager and see what it says for your printer.

Have ya installed anything else lately?

#6 brant

brant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:05 PM

Yep. My Printer software is fully installed. And it has been doing it since I purchased the computer, and no it just says "Windows Installer"

Cheers,

Brant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users