Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CCleaner Download Avast Going Off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:32 AM

Have attempted several times this evening to download CCleaner from the Piriform website. Something I've done hundreds of times with never a problem. Something seems amiss though as my Avast Anti-Virus program has taken a sudden dislike to the download. It has completely blocked it. The attachment shows the contents of the Virus Vault with the files blocked showing. Has the website been compromised? False positives? Other files from the website download with no problems.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Avast%20cCleaner_zpstwdk5vtm.jpg

Just tried downloading from other trusted website with same results. Also had Avast rescan the above files in the vault & Avast reports everything clean. ???  Haven't changed any settings or other in Avast. May try reinstalling Avast & see if problem repeats.

Edited by saw101, 21 August 2015 - 01:18 AM.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:06 AM

No problem here w Avast/ latest defs... :unsure:

Spoiler

#3 saw101

saw101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:20 PM

Update: Mysteriously the CCleaner download came through without a hitch today. Not so much as a peep out of Avast. Still scratching my head. Guess this post can be marked 'Solved.'

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users