Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My wifi connection keeps dropping

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 conker4311

conker4311

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

Help! for the longest time my router has been dropping my wifi connection every few minutes. I know for a fact that it is the router because i tried reseting my router which worked fine for a few hours then it dropped again. so then i tried updating the firmware of my router, once again it worked fine for a few hours then it dropped again. now im sitting here with my head in my hands trying to figure out what to do please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

Well if you reset it and updated the firmware, seems like it's time for a new router.

How old is it?

Is it just the wireless, if you are wired is it fine?

Also, how do you know for a fact it is the router?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 conker4311

conker4311
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

its from 2012, and wired is fine so its not my connection, 

#4 adenIG

adenIG

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

try renaming the network. Sounds odd, but I've seen a lot of cases where renaming the network will create a new stable connection.

"If you want a drink of water, you must first have an empty cup" -Confucius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users