Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe Visual C++ error This application requested the runtime to terminat

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

I installed TinySpell+ 1.9.52 with Kernel Ex on Windows 98 computer and I had the option "start with windows" checked but I dragged the shortcut to the startup folder anyway because in Windows 7 and Windows XP, it didn't start up with Windows unless I did so. That's not the case on Windows 98 however. I reboot my computer because pulling a flash drive froze the machine. When Windows 98 started up, two instances of TinySpell were running, one from the program's setting and the other from the startup folder, this was causing huge system failure fault messages with Explorer.exe and MANY other Windows services and programs because the two instances were blocking each other from accessing files. On Windows 7, I cannot even Copy the custom dictionary file to a flash drive or another directory unless tinyspell is closed. it says it is "In Use". it integrates into the system as a system wide spell checker. On Windows 98, it started when the second instance was unable to access the dictionary followed by faults of MANY windows services. so removing the icon from the startup folder is not happening because the same thing happens every startup. If I startup in safe made, it doesn't start with Windows 98, but if I right click on the start menu or ANY folder or file in the start menu. I am faced with

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error:
Program: C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
This Application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

EVEN IF I go to C:/Windows/Start Menu/  in Windows Explorer to right click a icon or folder, the same runtime error occurs. no file in the "MY Documents" or on the desktop or anywhere else causes this runtime error. even highlighting the file and hitting the "delete" key on my keyboard results in this runtime error. All I have to work with is in Safe Mode because I have the two instances of TinySpell in normal startup. and these runtime errors do not occur in normal startup

What do I do?

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 20 August 2015 - 09:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users