Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus laptop/notebook problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ter67

ter67

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hi folks i got an asus laptop/notebook from my grandaughter other day but i`m not to clued up with computers and she cant remember the password for it the only thing it says below where i try to log in it says "HINT- Name and birthday " but weve tried everything and it still wont come up correct password `i would be greatfull to anyone who can help me here as i havent a clue ,one thing i tried was pressing the F9 button as someone told me to try it but it didnt make any difference thank you ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Well, you're in a difficult situation. If the Password Hint doesn't ring any bells for you, then according to forum rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Perhaps your gran-daughter will hopefully recall the password later. 

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

FWIW:  I always find it difficult to believe...that anyone employs a password on a system that is frequently used...and, suddenly, that person has memory lapses of major signifcance when it comes to using said computer.

Especially so when one remembers that use of a password on a system...is typically optional behavior...unless it's an OEM system with passwords embaedded to discourage theft or other loss of the system.

The forum taboo on providing assistance re "lost passwords" has been relaxed.  But...anyone knowing how to use Google can easily find any number of ways to attempt to overcome a bona fide "forgotten password", with OEMs possibly providing such documentation in manuals for the system.

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

You can refer to these Microsoft articles.

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft:

Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Guides:

Password Recovery Tools:

Louis

#4 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

Hi folks thanks to everyone who answered my question much oblidged to yous .I got a friend of mines to clean the whole system 

and its all back to normal ,although i am with talktalk and for some reason i just cant seem to get wifi unless i` in the back room where the router is and if i go out this room then i cant get wifi and ive been onto TT who seemed to sort the problem `as i thought at the time but after the chap went of the same thing happened again ,no wifi  but thanks again for everything folks .

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

Glad you resolved it.  If you care to start a new topic about your current problems, please do so.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users