Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elybeit09

elybeit09

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

I keep getting this error when I try to visit websites at times and I don't know why. It just started happening a week ago, if that. any ideas n whats wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

One possible cause is a dead CMOS battery. Among other things this is responsible for keeping the date and time set in the BIOS and the rest of the system. Check the date and time your computer is showing on the taskbar and see if it is correct - and actually click on the clock time on the taskbar to see the full time and date. I got caught out by this once because the time was correct, for some reason, just the date was out by eight years !  An hour or two later . . .

Web certificates have a start and finish date and this CMOS battery problem is the most common cause of this particular error and the cure is to replace the battery. Probably the most common type is the CR2032 which are fairly cheap, about £UK 1.00, but depending on the design of your computer physically replacing one varies between dead easy and a total teardown. Check with the manual for your model.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 elybeit09

elybeit09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

computer is fairly new I read the CMOS batteries usually lat 6-7 years ... and my time and everything is correct my computer.. I did try going to my service provider cuz after this happened all sort of other issues are happening with my cable and home phone, a service tech is coming out tomorrow

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

Yes, they are usually good for about five years+ but that includes the time they sat on a shelf before being installed !

However it sounds as though you have other causes. Let us know if the technician's visit sorts your problems.

Chris cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users