Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connected, most websites not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcsantiago

dcsantiago

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

HI there. 2 days ago, my PC started to present this problem: Internet is connected (cable), but most websites won't load. When trying to connect, it presents some kind of time expired error. When I ping, some websites will give good response and other wont and they will vary over time. 
What did I try to do:
1) Use other programs. I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, all present similar problems.
2) Reset cookies, etc
3) Run antivirus, antimalware
4) Reset the socket using cmd (I could only use power shell, since my pc wouldn't find resetlog.txt)
5) Reinstall the mobo drivers
6) Checked the cables

Nothing worked! To worsen things up, I uploaded to windows 10 while having this problem, hoping that this would fix the problem, but it still the same.

What should I do next? Reinstall windows? buy an ethernet card? 
Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 farragon

farragon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:46 AM

Hi there,

Have you tried other computers on the same network?

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the modem/router (an all-in-one). Switched from the Plusnet router to a BT Home Hub and all was resolved. If other devices work on your network your issue will be on your computer itself though.

#3 Dashing_star

Dashing_star

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:59 AM

5) Reinstall the mobo drivers
6) Checked the cables

Nothing worked! To worsen things up, I uploaded to windows 10 while having this problem, hoping that this would fix the problem, but it still the same.

From the Fifth point you said Reinstall mobo drivers, it means which drivers you install? Also you said that you checked the cables, after that you try to change any other cable and did you try again to browse internet?

Uploaded to windows 10? Upgrade?It means in previous OS you have this issue? It means which OS you using before? Did you use Onboard Ethernet or Externet LAN card? 

Note: please provide your system specs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users