Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files do not appear in Windows phone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

I have had a number of issues with my new Lumia 435 phone some of which are unresolved. One is that files in certain default Folders are not displayed, in both the phone and Memory Card. The Folders concerned are Downloads and Apps. They both show zero (0) files whereas there are about 30 downloaded Apps. This is just the same in 3 or 4 file explorer apps, and now that I have got a working USB cable connecting my phone and PC it is just the same in the computer's File Explorer. Almost everything I have on my phone apart from the OS is in those two Folders and it appears to be showing the phone virtually empty, and of course I cannot Copy, Move, Delete, Rename.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChuckPasadena

ChuckPasadena

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:19 AM

You need to hook it up to your computer and look at the files to see if they're not being saved/getting deletd or if they're just not where the phone is looking for them to be.  Get the desktop Windows Phone app (Here for Windows 7/8 or to the App Store if Windows 10 is your OS), install it then plug in your phone via USB.  The app will automatically recognize the model phone then show you exactly what's on it in which folders.  You can move things around using File Explorer or using the "click to sync" interface.  Once you've found your files and gotten them in their proper place you shouldn't need to use the app and USB cable except to find misplaced files because you can sync everything through OneDrive now, even Office docs and your iTunes directory if you have one as the former Xbox Music will stream them from OneDrive for you. 

Hope that helps. If they've truly disappeared get the Windows Phone Recovery Tool (Go here for Windows7/8 OS versions, the App Store for Windows 10) and install it on your PC, attach your phone via USB and it will reset your phone then use the sync data in OneDrive to automatically reload all your apps that appear in your last backup.

Hope that helps

#3 Cotna roe

Cotna roe

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

Windows phone is different from android. It cannot show apps in folders.  You can manager your apps in Storage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users