Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to connect 64-bit computers on 32-bit printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevthym

stevthym

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hi! Here is my problem!

I have a number of workstations running on Windows 7 64-bit OS. In the department I have one RW-480 architectural plotter which is connected to a WIndows XP 32-bit computer which serves as the controller for the printer.

I need to connect my 64-bit machines on the plotter but.... no 64-bit drivers are available for the RW-480 architectural plotter and therefore cannot communicate between my devices! 

The only solution I tried was the Google Cloud Printer solution still I am looking to a more solid solution if available for my LAN.

Any ideas????

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

Maybe I don't understand the problem. W7x64 can run 32bit programs.

I'd look at upgrading the plotter server to W7 very soon to protect the network. Maybe to W7x32 if it makes things work better.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users