Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE starting itself in the background

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrChanceMan

MrChanceMan

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

Hi guys!

I haven't been here in quite some time. Haven't needed to, until today :/

I'm not sure how this happened, as I am very careful always, but just yesterday something starting bogging my internet connections. I found that IE was running in the background. While trying to figure out why, it started popping up the default browser checkbox. I've ran multiple scans in safemode, I've tried system restores in safemode; something is blocking me. I just did a Hijackthis log, and I was hoping I could post it here and get some insight from a fresh mind. Please Help!

Scans done:

MBAM, admin rights, safemode

Norton, admin rights, safemode

and Hijackthis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrChanceMan

MrChanceMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

I'm trying SpyBot as we speak, I will update the thread when finished.

#3 MrChanceMan

MrChanceMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

Ok, I ran spybot and removed some minor threats, and I used an IE disable fix I found online, setting IE to use a fake proxy to connect to the internet. It still pops up to switch my default browser, and it also set my firefox to do the same, which I had to manually change. I really need to figure out what is causing this and whether or not it has caused any real damage. I work from this computer, so my job depends on it. I'm completely at a loss here....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users