Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i have truvi on my laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 harrymom

harrymom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

hi everyone!

truvi has invaded my laptop, along with a huge bunch of adware by nomoreads that keeps trying to sell me expensive "fixes" purporting to come from comcast. internet explorer is completely gone from my programs list. google chrome is barely working. i am told by my brother, who writes code, that this is a rootkit....and to get combofix. however, combofix will not download like the directions say. none of the windows that are supposed to come up are coming up. i've tried four times now.  it will not run. a "corrupted" message comes up. i have windows 7. and am at my wit's end...........

Edited by hamluis, 20 August 2015 - 08:42 AM.
Moved from AV/AM Software to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

Hello harrymom and welcome to BC,

Please read this topic about Combofix: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Since you have major problems and you think that you have a rootkit, you can get an expert opinion by asking for help in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. You will need to follow instructions in the Preparation Guide.
Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Start with step 6. 

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

After posting your logs in the MRL forum, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users