Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 will not load

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Floridamisfit

Floridamisfit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

I have an acer aspire 5750 with windows 7. Windows will not load it just loops through the boot screen. I have tried a rescue disk with no success. I don't have a full version of windows on disk. I tried to restore through the recovery software and that doesn't work either. What else can I do??? How can I tell if this is a windows issue or a hardware issue ????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

FWIW:  http://community.acer.com/t5/2013-Archives/Problem-with-my-Acer-Aspire-5750G-Notebook/td-p/94353 .

Louis

#3 Floridamisfit

Floridamisfit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:47 AM

Thanks. Hadn't seen that but my problem is identical and have tried all of the fixes listed with no success

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

For an Acer go to BIOS and make sure d2d is enabled if you have that option. This needs to be enabled before doing a factory reset using the recovery partition. This will wipe the drive so you need to recover any personal data first.

Edited by JohnC_21, 20 August 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#5 canonsupport

canonsupport

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

First check your BIOS boot order sequence. There are various other reasons for this such as hard drive is having data corruption issues, BIOS is unable to detect your system drive. 

#6 Floridamisfit

Floridamisfit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

I appreciate the reply. D2d is enabled but the only option I didn't try was wiping the disk. If the data is still there I need it

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

Do you get Advanced Boot Options when tapping F8 at boot? If you get that then select Last Known Good Configuration. If that does not work then select Repair Computer and do a Startup Repair. If that fails do a System Restore before a date just before the problem occurred. Edit: Have you tried Safe Mode?

You can pull data off the computer using a Hirens disk. Burn the iso and select MiniXP. I believe you need to attach a USB external or USB flash drive before booting Hirens or it will not detect the USB. You can also pull the data using a small linux distro like Puppy or connecting the HDD to another computer using a enclosure or internally if you have a spare SATA port.

Edited by JohnC_21, 20 August 2015 - 12:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users