Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

j5 Create USB Gigabit Ethernet Adapter problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:36 AM

My HP p2 1310 computer came with a 10/100 ethernet card, so when we boosted our internet connection to 150 mbps we had to upgrade network cards in all our computers. However, mine is not upgradeable (verified through HP).  There's no slot for another network card in the motherboard and the current one (10/100) is attached to the motherboard. My only alternative was a USB ethernet adapter.  I got a j5 Create USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter (model jue130). It works fine - most of the time. But, once a day on average I have to run the troubleshooter to diagnose and reset the adapter - get yellow triangle over monitor in notification area and connection is dropped.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

Make sure USB selective suspend is disabled.

#3 jfruch1

jfruch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

Make sure USB selective suspend is disabled.

Thanks!  Wonder why they don't include something this simple in the directions.  The company even went so far as to replace the adapter in case it was defective, but the same thing was happening.  Hope this works.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,710 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

Fingers crossed!

#5 jfruch1

jfruch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Fingers crossed!

Well, it took a few days, but the connection went out again.  Ran the troubleshooter and it reset the ethernet connection. Message said something about not having a valid IP configuration.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,710 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

I am not sure this is your problem but when I looked at the specs of the HP computer it only shows USB 2.0. 2 on the front and 4 in the rear. The JUE-130 is a USB 3.0 adapter. I may be wrong but I don't think you can pull Gigabit speeds from USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible with 2.0 but I am not sure if using a USB 3.0 adapter on a USB 2.0 port would make a difference. Both of J5's USB 2.0 adapters only pull 10/100 speeds and not Gigabit (1000).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users