I just went back from a trip and when I opened my laptop, I noticed these:
- Everytime a program freezes, after a few seconds Explorer.exe freezes aswell along with the whole laptop.
- If I leave my laptop unattended for about 10 to 20 minutes, the laptop freezes as soon as I use it.
- msconfig shows half of non- Microsoft services as stopped, I never disabled these services as I have never touched msconfig until today.
- I can't re-enable the "stopped" services.
- Also in the General Tab in msconfig, the startup mode is stuck in Selective Startup, everytime I apply it to Normal mode and restart the laptop, it goes back to Selective start-up.
It could also be a malware I last got from an .scr file a month ago with no luck on even finding it.
Update: I realize the program themselves are the ones freezing Explorer.exe, I realized this after I opened a feature to open a certain file (Its safe, I made the file) it lagged until it stops responding, after a few more seconds Explorer.exe froze again but this time, after 10 seconds, it continued normally.
Is there anyway for me to check what is happening exactly with why the program is freezing and affecting Explorer.exe.
Edited by Andre_Castillo14, 20 August 2015 - 06:17 AM.