to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
My name is Oh My!
and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.
- First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.
- When you post your reply, use the button instead.
- In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
- I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
- Now let's get started
Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.
Thank you for your patience thus far. Move FRST.exe from your Downloads folder to your Desktop.
Please consider and do this.
Going over your logs I noticed that you have µTorrent
installed. It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.
- Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.
- They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.
- Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.
- The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.
I would recommend that you uninstall µTorrent
, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove the program, you can do so via Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
If you are still leaning toward using this program, please take a look at this information about Ransomware
which can be delivered via P2P file transfers. The newest variation of Ransomware can make it impossible to recover the files this malicious software encrypts. In other words, you will probably lose most if not all of your valuable information, including pictures. In addition it has recently been reported that P2P downloads may be tracked resulting in your IP address being monitored by copyright authorities. .If you wish to keep it, please do not use it until we are completely done and your machine is determined to be clean and updated.
===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode
- Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press Enter
- Please copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your desktop (<<<Important) as fixlist.txt
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
Winlogon\Notify\SDWinLogon-x32: SDWinLogon.dll [X]
S3 AndNetDiag; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lgandnetdiag64.sys [X]
S3 ANDNetModem; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lgandnetmodem64.sys [X]
S3 avchv; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avchv.sys [X]
2012-08-17 01:52 - 2012-07-30 07:03 - 0000217 _____ () C:\ProgramData\SetStretch.cmd
2012-08-17 01:52 - 2009-07-22 11:04 - 0024576 _____ () C:\ProgramData\SetStretch.exe
- Launch FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait, the program will automatically launch fixlist.txt.
- The tool will create a log on the desktop called Fixlog.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the file in your reply.
===================================================AdwCleaner by Xplode - Delete Adware
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browser
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appears
- Click Scan
- Once the scan has completed youi will see Pending. Please check elements you don't want to remove above the progress bar
- Click on Clean
- Confirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OK
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart
- Copy and paste the contents in your reply
- You can also find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner.txt
===================================================Junkware Removal Tool
- Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
- Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator (Windows XP double click the icon)
- Please allow the program time to run
- Once completed a Notepad document will open on your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents in your reply
===================================================Rebuilding Windows Indexing
: This process may take a long time to complete. Do not interrupt the process.
- Click Start, then Control Panel (icons view)
- Click Indexing Options
- Click Advanced
- Click Rebuild, then OK
- When completed you will see Indexing complete
- Check your Search function
===================================================System Summary Information
- Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time
- Type msinfo32 and press Enter
- Left click on System Summary
- Click File, Save, and name the file Summary
- Zip and attach the file to your reply
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it.
- AdwCleaner log
- Junkware log
- Did the Search Index rebuild?
- System Summary Information
- Update on computer performance