Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to install latest update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yammers

Yammers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:28 AM

Hi

I have a Similar problem in which I cannot install the latest windows 10 update I get to 75 percent and then it says it can’t continue and resets.

My computer is a Windows 7 machine upgraded to Windows 10.

I have ran sacs scan and it found corrupt files.

Done all the other scans that you have suggested and I did get that source/image is repairable.

Tried all the Command prompts DIM/Online and that would not work either.

Using Microsoft media creation I re download windows 10 Is Mounted it do a dad and pointed the DIM online source to F: it also says that  source fills could not be found.

I have even tried to reset Windows 10 but that encounters problems as well

I have even tried to reset windows through ISO and that encounters problems as well.

I don’t want to do a complete restore because I will Lose MS office that I paid for through my old work place an and my Windows 7 REG Key would not work with windows 10.

Can you suggest anything else.

Will any of these fix the issue

Windows Repair (All In One)

Tweaking.com Technicians Toolbox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

Which update is failing?

Lets fix SFC corruption

Press Windows + X

Click on Command Prompt (Admin)

If User Account Control warning comes warning you that Command Prompt wants to make changes to your computer, click Yes

type

cd "%UserProfile%\Desktop"

and then

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

You should find sfcdetails.txt on Desktop

Attach it for your next reply

I don’t want to do a complete restore because I will Lose MS office that I paid for through my old work place an and my Windows 7 REG Key would not work with windows 10.

You can deactivate Office product key and reactivate it once you reinstall, but don't reinstall yet we will work on fixing it first :)

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users