Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aussies....They truly are a weird mob

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-19/jail-breaks-australias-most-brazen-infamous/6707892

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

And . . . Your point is ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,105 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

I trust it was of interest to you Chris.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They're_a_Weird_Mob

I thought about this prisoner as I drove down the Hume Highway past Goulburn on my way home from Sydney the day after he was caught:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/goulburn-jail-prisoner-stephen-jamieson-caught-on-hume-highway/story-fni0cx4q-1227488616939

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,105 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

lol....the old.."tie a bunch of bed sheets together thing"..........not terribly original....but still effective !

2v2h2lf.jpg

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 sceadugenga

sceadugenga

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

Poor old Clive.

We are a magnificent country but I moved to Asia when I retired, couldn't afford to live there.

The government is fixing this up though, more and more people work longer years because they can't afford to retire. :bananas:

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,105 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

I know that feeling. ...However, I decided to bite the bullet, moved to a more "affordable' area, (have not regretted a minute of it).......and I bought "Asia" to me...(and she is beautiful !!)

AS for out 'esteemed' government.....(sigh) they just have no clue. If they were to stick to government stuff instead of sticking their nose into everybody's business at a deeply personal level.....we may well be much further ahead.

They may as well be in bed with msft

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,105 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

http://www.traveller.com.au/were-a-weird-mob-australians-bizarre-behaviour-202em

1ze81dw.jpg

It's a great Aussie tradition to get dressed to the nines for the races ... then struggle home without shoes after a big day. Photo: Paul Rovere

GcnI1aH.jpg

#9 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Abbott the worst PM in Australian History, the lowest amount of bills presenetd to parliment in 50 years. Fact is the bloke and his cabinet are a joke and we now have our "Bush" of politics.

Cannot stand that he brings his religion into parliment, the first to use the word "God bless you all, God bless the navy" makes me sick to the stomach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users