Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand New laptop keep getting can't display page on IE 11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzyx

Izzyx

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

I just bought a brand new laptop the other day its a windows 8.1 and with IE 11 on it. Now I am aware that IE 11 has issues with the enhanced protection on it with windows 8.1. However on my laptop the enhanced was never checked off to begin with and I wasn't getting these constant can't display page the other night it was working just fine. I have also tried another browser google chrome and even it can't display most  pages. This is extremely annoying and I have tried several ways to fix this my self such as restting the browser checking to see if it an add on was conflicting with the browser etc and nothing has worked. Any help at this point or advice would be very greatful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

Try changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8 instead of your gateway also

ping a known good website from the cmd prompt

AND flush your DNS

I Love Lamp!

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Or....run this.

Hopefully it will do the job for you

Please download  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ to desktop to run it.
 Checkmark the following boxes:

• List content of Hosts
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  •  

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
 Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users