Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My games won't start on windows 10.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stefand26

Stefand26

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

I have just upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 via media creation tool, and the games which were working just fine before are now crashing when I start them, for example CS:GO, Civ5, LoL.

I have an acer aspire 5742G laptop, with the following specs: 

-Intel Core i5 CPU m 460 2.53GHz;

-4.00GB RAM, of which 3.68 GB are usable;

-Intel HD Integrated Graphics;

-NVidia GeForce GT 540M GPU

I have made sure I had my Nvidia driver up to date, microsoft .net framework 4.5 installed, microsoft visual C++ 2010, 2012, 2013 Redistributable installed, direct x installed.

I have tried reinstalling the games, verifying cache integrity for the steam games, running them as administrator, running them in compatibility mode, reinstalling windows and my graphic card drivers, all with no success.

I would very much appreciate your advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

Which games crash? Do all your games crash?

Also, were the driver updated from NVidia GeForce Experience or from Windows Update?

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 Stefand26

Stefand26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:47 AM

Which games crash? Do all your games crash?

Also, were the driver updated from NVidia GeForce Experience or from Windows Update?

Yes, all of my games crash when I start them. The driver was updated from nvidia geforce experience.

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

There had been an issue with automatic updates in Windows Update replacing GeForce Experience. Try going to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options > View your update history and then check if there is NVidia updates

If there are, then set your connection as metered, so you know which update will be downloaded, and check for updates again using GeForce Experience to see if it fixes the driver issue.

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users