Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4 digit Pin Code not recognised

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jayeffkew

jayeffkew

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

Hi Newbie and first post  Any help appreciated

I was happily using my Samsung laptop Windows 8.1 

when i returned an hour later i was asked for my pin code

I put the 4 digits in and i keep receiving an incorrect password message

I have definitely put the correct code in and it has never been changed

I have no idea why it is not being recognised

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

Hello, and Welcome

Have you tried rebooting the computer and trying your 4 digit pin? I am not familiar with Samsung but does it have a fn key that would be similiar to a numlock key. Make sure that is not pressed or active.

If that does not work then at the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice. This should bring up a login box. Type your user name and password pin. If that does not work then use administrator for a user name and leave the password blank.

If using Administrator for a user name does not work you will need to enable the hidden Administrator Account. You will need to disable SecureBoot in UEFI and also Fastboot/Quickboot if enabled. If the disk does not boot you may need to change to Legacy Boot. Do you have a model number of the Samsung?

Here is a guide on using the software to enable the hidden Administrator Account. You can download the latest version here. Burn the iso file to disk. You can also use the iso with Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive if you do not have a disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users