Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE11 in win 10?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ArcticPrince

ArcticPrince

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

Can I install IE11 in windows 10?  Me no likey new edge browser.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

Hi ArcticPrince :)

Internet Explorer 11 is built-in Windows 10. Just click on the Start Menu and enter "Internet" or "Internet Explorer" and it'll show up.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 ArcticPrince

ArcticPrince
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

Thanks, thought Edge had replaced it.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,537 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:14 AM

Nope, Windows 10 contains both web browsers: Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge by default, but Edge is the default browser (even thought you can easily change that). :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:26 AM

Can, certainly, use IE but, the performance of Edge is far superior to that of IE.  And it has kewl Features which, do not exist in IE.  Also, IE (still) comes in handy for the occasional site that is not yet Edge ready, such as this web site.  There are not many but, still, some not Edge compatible... this will change rapidly.  Any problematic sites can be opened in IE instead, right from Edge.

#6 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

For the time being, at least, IE is still there.  Eventually though it will be removed.  They only left if for now until Edge gets the kinks worked out. You might be better off getting Google Chrome if you want something permanent.

#7 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

For the time being, at least, IE is still there.  Eventually though it will be removed.  They only left if for now until Edge gets the kinks worked out. You might be better off getting Google Chrome if you want something permanent.

It may (probably) be removed @ some point but, it was left in for Enterprise interests... business has some things that, right now, only work w/ IE.  Not for buying time to work out any "kinks".  Issues w/ sites in Edge & being able to open them in IE is due to giving THOSE web sites time to make themselves Edge Ready; some lag.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,537 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:34 AM

Internet Explorer still has years to go. A lot of companies don't even support Internet Explorer 11 yet fully with their web apps, websites, etc. so imagine Microsoft Edge. Also, I'm sure they'll leave Internet Explorer in Windows 10 at least until the support for Windows 8.1 ends.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users