Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Humming sound during recording

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sheenismahel.lim

sheenismahel.lim

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

I have a Logitech USB headset, when I record a audio, it creates a humming sound, somedays its not there (even at the same usb port), i tried plugging it in on different ports but the humming is most of the days there.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

Having the microphone cable too close to an AC adapter can create this intermittent noise in the input, even the output to headphones might pick up stray electromagnetic waves from power cords, adapters, even the wires from other devices.

#3 adenIG

adenIG

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

Also bad cords can create this issue. With audio cables especially, it's important never to bend them at all or touch the contacts with your hands. Thats why most professinal audio cables are so thick. After a cord has been bent and it starts making the low hum sound, it's ussually done.

"If you want a drink of water, you must first have an empty cup" -Confucius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users