Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Photo Viewer Alternatives...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

Given the fact that all info entered into win 10 is the subject of pilfering by Msft.....I am looking for a substitute/alternative. Preferably free.

I only have a few hundred pics now....that will grow steadily over time.

it would be preferable to be able to arrange them in date order

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2015 - 08:35 AM.
Moved from Win 10 to Graphics Apps - Hamluis.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

Well, there's always the really popular IrfanView that exists.

http://www.irfanview.com/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 ActiveHawk

ActiveHawk

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:44 AM

Or you may try these Windows 10 photo viewer, they are good alternatives that can meet your needs and even provide other useful features like image editing and screenshot making. Just take your pick.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

Or you may try these Windows 10 photo viewer, they are good alternatives that can meet your needs and even provide other useful features like image editing and screenshot making. Just take your pick.

Don't you find it strange that the article purportedly compares Apowersoft Photo Viewer with three well known programs yet...

• The article includes a single download button for Apowersoft Photo Viewer.
  • There are no download buttons in the article for the other programs which Apowersoft Photo Viewer is being compared against, i.e. FastStone Image Viewer, IrfanView, and XnView.
  • The article is written by Apowersoft themselves.

Based on the above, I certainly don't find there is any credibility in that article and neither should anyone who has the slightest bit of common sense.

Edited by Agouti, 11 May 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

Good point Agouti....

I downloaded and installed FastStone to my win 10 PC, and found it to be quite brilliant.

I have more interest in Linux,currently..... I am currently searching/researching the various alternatives there.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

I agree.  FastStone Image Viewer is great app.

I have more interest in Linux,currently..... I am currently searching/researching the various alternatives there.

I understand.  I made that transition too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users