Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for software to find keys and serials

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 larbec69

larbec69

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:19 AM

Is there a software that can search for all my product keys and serial numbers.  I download the free windows 10 upgrade from windows 7...what a nightmare , it will not let me install windows 7 back on without formatting my hard drive )-:

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2015 - 08:33 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:21 AM

Hi larbec69 :)

NirSoft's ProduKey is able to list quite a few program's product keys.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

There's also Magical Jelly Bean KeyFinder that exists.

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

larbec69.....you didn't state why you couldn't rollback to 7......

check out the info here: How to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7 or 8 | PCWorld

QUOTE a bit....

To make life easier on Windows 7 and 8.1 converts, Microsoft will allow you to rollback your Windows 10 installation to the previous operating system for 30 days post-upgrade. Don’t worry—if you want to come back later, you can still take advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade for the next year.

Keep in mind that downgrading to your older OS requires that you still have your Windows.old folder at C:\Windows.old. If you typically delete that after upgrading, or you’ve done a post-upgrade clean install of Windows 10, you’re out of luck..............

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 larbec69

larbec69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

larbec69.....you didn't state why you couldn't rollback to 7......

check out the info here: How to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7 or 8 | PCWorld

QUOTE a bit....
To make life easier on Windows 7 and 8.1 converts, Microsoft will allow you to rollback your Windows 10 installation to the previous operating system for 30 days post-upgrade. Don’t worry—if you want to come back later, you can still take advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade for the next year.
Keep in mind that downgrading to your older OS requires that you still have your Windows.old folder at C:\Windows.old. If you typically delete that after upgrading, or you’ve done a post-upgrade clean install of Windows 10, you’re out of luck..............

My windows.old files were intact. When I followed the instructions on how to roll back to Windows 7 it would not do It. I even had MS on the phone and in my PC for 4 hours (big mistake) the ended formatting my hard drive. Thank goodness I gad m files backed up and disks for my drivers but had to re activate everything and argue fir a new product key. I still have an issue I did nit have before. When my pc goes to sleep it never wakes up. Just have the windows logo on my desktop and a mouse "nothing else". I have to do a hard reset. I even turned off sleep mode

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

Amazing !....that you had to argue for another product key. Only msft could rationalize that !!

Another member.....gigawert has suffered a similar problem HERE    ....he ended doing a fresh install, and then all the tedious crap associated with setting everything up again.;

Do you mind if I copy your experience here into THIS TOPIC   ??....and also HERE  ??.....what made the "nightmare" for you in Win 10 ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:15 AM

My windows.old files were intact. When I followed the instructions on how to roll back to Windows 7 it would not do It.

What error were you getting?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users