Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos (online and offline) won't play

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 barnyard

barnyard

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

Good Day.

I installed Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago without any incident. However, this week I have noticed that I am unable to play any videos in my hard drive (regardless of format or video player... tried Windows Media Player, VLC, the photos app) or online (like in youtube or facebook). When playing videos on my hard drive, the video player is blank and doesn't play (although VLC shows the filename and the track length just fine). When playing videos through a browser (I use Chrome) the page simply crashes without playing the video.

I have also encountered a browser error where Shockwave Flash isn't responding. I have only one flash player installed so it's likely not a conflict issue on my browser.

Hardware:

Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz

RAM: 2.00 GB

System Type: 64-Bit

Any help on this issue will be much appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:40 AM

barnyard:

Personally I would suspect a video driver incompatibility, or missing codec.  From your description of your system, I am GUESSING that the computer does not have a discreet graphics card.  You should go to the computer manufacturer's website and see if you can locate, download, and install a newer video driver.  That might resolve the problem.

Even so, with a Celeron processor and only 2 GB of RAM for a 64-bit OS, that computer is going to struggle with any serious graphics editing and playback.

Just my guess.  Hope that it helps.  Let us know how you make out.  If that doesn't solve the issue, providing us with more computer specs (make, model, etc.) might help the really knowledgeable folks here to provide you with a definitive answer.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users