Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

get rid of windows 10

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 johnyjohn

johnyjohn

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:32 AM

hi i have not downloaded windows 10 and do not wont to  how can i get rid of the download on windows update. thanks johnyjohn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wlepee

wlepee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:50 AM

I tried Win 10 for a week and wanted to go bach to win 7. [This possibility was promissed for 31 days.] Howeever I got a message "sorry,..etc." not possible.

Then I tried RESET telling me to reinstall Win 10 again. They did. But ALL MY PROGRAMMES WERE GONE ! All my mails, everything.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:19 AM

Hi johnyjohn :)

To get rid of the notification for the Windows 10 upgrade in the icon tray, you need to uninstall the KB3035583, then you need to check for updates manually, right-click on it once it's found and select Hide.

rONW46K.pngUninstall a Windows Update - Command Prompt
Follow the instructions below to uninstall a Windows Update manually via the command prompt.
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command below (you can copy/paste it, to paste in the command prompt, right-click inside it and select Paste):
    • wusa /uninstall /KB:3035583
  • Let me know the outcome of the command: either it uninstall the update or either it says that the update isn't installed on the system;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:51 AM

A reboot will also be necessary.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:55 AM

wlepee, welcome to Bleeping Computer.  There are a few things that will prevent you from rolling back to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10.  A couple of these are: deleting the Windows.old directory and performing a disk clean up.

#6 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:50 AM

hi thanks for getting back but all that happend was a pop up and it gave a list of all things to do with KB files sorry thats all  johnyjohn

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

This happened when you entered the command johny? If so, you most likely didn't enter it properly, try again. When entered properly it'll ask you if you want to uninstall that update.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

hi it said kb3035583 is not in stalled on my pc i have checked and is not as i deleted yesterday but still have windows 10 on my update page and it keeps trying to update thanks johnyjohn

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

Can you show me a screenshot of the updates available for install?

mq1pzD6.pngHow to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Attaching the screenshot in your reply
    • Go in your thread and click on the Reply to this topic button in the top-right corner;
      85hPFGu.png
    • Below the text box you'll have the option to Attach files. Click on the Choose Files... button, navigate to your screenshot and select it;
      LKVBzF7.png
    • Once done, add a comment to your reply and post it;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#10 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

I got in a big mess with Win 10 and didn't have any opportunity to roll back to 7 ,  deleted all the old files.  Somehow during a refresh the Win 10 boot info was deleted .

I just stuck a Win 7 repair disk in the tray to boot back into the recovery console and restored 7 from an image i burned .  No issues.  

#11 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

hi im sorry i can not do it i no you are trying to help but even a simple thing i get confused all i can say is thank you for your help and i will have to except it as it is every time windows tries to up date i will cancel it thank you .johnyjohn

#12 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

John , i am just like you , always get confused with even simple instructions , well simple to others but not to us.

Try this , go to the windows update page and click on (installed updates) at the bottom left hand corner of the page .  When all the updates pop up type in or paste the ( KB3035583), at the top right "search bar" (top right of page) .

If you have that update installed it will automatically pop up and when it does right click and hide it for now.

#13 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

hi thanks for that i have done that will see what happens  thank you johnyjohn

#14 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:58 AM

hi thanks for that i have done that will see what happens  thank you johnyjohn

If i could understand that i was sure you would because i very rarely understand anything computer related ,  even instructions that a "caveman" could figure out baffle me . 

#15 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:27 PM

Problem seems to be, that even after you get rid of it in the tray, you can no longer get updates for your old Windows.  I'm having that problem with 8.1, and here is a report on someone else having that problem, too.

In other words, if you select AGAINST GWX, the other updates for your current Windows, won't process either.  So then may as well turn all updates off.  Way to go, Microsoft.

Edited by brainout, 22 August 2015 - 05:28 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users