The issue is a 0x05 code, which means "Access denied". And from the looks of it, it seems that VirtualBox cannot create a PCI device (virtual one I guess) for the VM I'm opening and it fails to launch. I have a few ideas of what could cause this but I'm still investigating.
So far, I tried a lot of solutions, and some works, some doesn't but everytime I restart my computer, I have to use a different one.
- Upgraded VirtualBox to the latest version (which is 5.0.2);
- Launched VirtualBox as an Admin, and with normal user rights;
- Deleted a VM from the list and added it back;
- Deleted the temp files from VirtualBox;
- Boot a VM that is shut down, and not restore a snapshot;
On a side note, I know that VirtualBox isn't officially compatible with Windows 10 yet (it's on their own page), but I find it weird that it worked flawlessly until a few days ago.
Anyhow, I'll keep on posting my findings here and hopefully find a solution that will work everytime, or wait until Oracle releases a patch and I hope they will soon since I cannot really work without my beloved VMs
Edited by Al1000, 04 February 2017 - 06:10 PM.
Moved from Windows 10 Support