Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new case wire issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alex of the west

alex of the west

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

So my friend bought a new psu to replace his stock psu. Previously there was a 3 pin connector connected to a 2 pin wire from the case.

On the new psu there is no 3 pin wires as I understand it. He asked me if he could use one of the old 4 pin floppy drive connectors to the 2 pin wire so the case gets power.

He also asked if he can use the extra 2 pins on the pcie wire for this, I am pretty sure the answer to this one is definitely no.

Is there any way he can get power to the case with this psu or does he need an adapter or is this psu or case totaly incompatible?

this is the wire of the case:

http://imgur.com/Nqccwmy

I asked him just now and he uses a sentay xplus 725w

Edited by alex of the west, 18 August 2015 - 06:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

I think this is the cable adapter you are looking for.

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

just make sure you use a Ohm meter or have a wiring diagram so you know what voltage is comming from what pin and how much.  Dont want to give 20VDC to something that only maxs at 5VDC

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users