Read how to secure your wireless router and why: How to secure your home wireless network router.
If the wireless mouse receiver is an external dongle....move it to a different USB port.
Scan for unwanted software using the programs below.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
- Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
- Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
- If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
- While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
- download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Scan button.
- When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
After posting the results of the three scans above, do this:
Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner:
Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.
At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next
post. Please do that.
Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you
will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.