Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I got a blue screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sternritter-A

Sternritter-A

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

Well the issue with my laptop now is that this pass Saturday night August 15th I was searching for a free version of dreamweaver cs6 and I downloaded a torrent, and after I downloaded; I immediately saw a whole bunch of pop ups come, and then I thought oh man I got a virus, but then it was late at night at 2am and I had to wake up early that morning on Sunday to go to church, so I shut down my computer and left it like that, then on Sunday night when I went back and turned on my computer it came to a blue screen and when I try to go to the homepage to go to the internet it was bringing me back to the blue screen with this number 1855-280-0768; which, I then called today and it seems that it is a scam because I check their website that they told me after they said that they will charge me $199 to fix it and then they will send me an invoice and then I will have to send them a check in the mail, so I check their website on scam adviser and saw by the ratings and the reviews that it is a scam here it is - http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/geekbase.us 

Also this laptop has had an Antivirus called Webroot, and this laptop has been my public college/business laptop that use in college because I'm a college student, and I never have had a problem and it has been clean like new since I purchase it in August 2013, and it is a Core i7 computer. 

Well that is what happen, so how can we fix this; thanks before hand for this forum, don't know what I could without this forum's help that it provides. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

Is the computer usable despite of that fake BSOD?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users