Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choosing a laptop for an architecht....help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JTuy

JTuy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hello everyone I greatly appreciate if you guys can help me chose which is a better laptop for me. I will be working on revit and maybe some small renderings on either lumion or 3d max.
I'm looking into the following laptops,

HP Envy Slim Quad
Intel i7-4722hq
8gb ddr3l ram
Nvidia gtx 950m w/ 4gb
1920x1080 display
1Tb HDD
6 cell 62whr lithium ion bat

Asus N550JK
Intel i7-4700hq
16gb ddr3l ram
Nvidia gtx 850 w/ 2gb
1920x1080 display
1tb HDD
Double fan cooling system

Any help is greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

So on the one hand you have the Slim with a superior graphics card and the Asus with more memory and a better cooling solution.  Out of those two since it is harder and sometimes impossible to swap out the video card;  The Slim is the better buy.  But This Gigabyte laptop

Is a better solution than either of them with a much better Graphics the 965m card with 1024 cuda cores which I understand is important when doing 3d rendering as opposed to the 640 cuda cores on the 950m. 

But if your only two choices are the ones you provided then get the slim and up the memory to 16gb and it will be extremely similar to the Asus except for the lack of better cooling.

#3 JTuy

JTuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:13 PM

Thank you I'll check out the one you recommend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users