Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excessive heat produced from PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 terlan

terlan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:54 AM

I'm not experiencing the usual PC overheating issue, almost the opposite.

My pc ticks along nicely, the fan, when it revs up, is pretty loud but its a stock fan for my amd FX 8350 processor which isnt the quietest of fans. I havent noticed any particular overheating issues with the pc even running demanding(ish) games, skyrim in ultra for example, works nicely. No crashes, no failures at all.

The issue is the heat being kicked out of the pc. The fan ports are all clear of obstructions, but the rear port from the powerpack  produces very hot air, like a small hot fan blowing into the room. if left running for any good length of time the heat can become an issue. its in a large room so its not heating the entire room but localised heat around the PC is noticable, especially in hot weather.

I've turned the PC around so the hot air isnt blowing into a wall and building up heat around the PC itself and instead blows out into the room, unfortunely I'm sitting in the path of this heat.

I've used PCs for many.... many (god i feel old) years and havent came across this. I am a little worried that it could be the symptom of something overheating but there no indications or weird issues on the PC itself.

So any suggestions?

Edited by terlan, 18 August 2015 - 07:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

So you don't really tell us anything about your computer's power supply so it makes it difficult to guess.  But my first 'hypothesis' is that you have a power supply with a small fan in it.  Heat generated within the PSU is enormous.  If it is an 80mm fan trying to dissipate that heat, the exhausted air is certainly going to be hot.  I prefer a quality psu with a large 120mm or better 140mm fan ideally semi modular they are normally a bit 'quieter..  It could be that the fan on the psu you have may not be 'cooling properly' but is cooling enough to keep it going.  Regardless .. the air coming out of the psu is usually pretty warm

Edited by YeahBleeping, 18 August 2015 - 11:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users