Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Maker cannot burn DVD

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:19 PM

I've updated drivers for my burner and set the burn speed to low and still it cannot burn a video DVD. Every time it says it cannot burn the DVD right at 99%. That's kind of frustrating, so how do I fix it?

So far I've wasted 3 DVDs with this program.

Edited by gigawert, 17 August 2015 - 09:21 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:27 PM

That begs the question....What is the program being used ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

The default one with Windows 7. All of the videos play fine in Media Player.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

Have you tried Imgburn? Make sure you opt out of the optional programs during install or use 7zip to extract the exe file. Doing this will not give you any sounds though. You can find the Guides here.

#5 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

Yes, I want audio on my DVD.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

I meant that the sounds (like the one that sounds when the burn is finished) included with Imgburn would not carry over if you used 7zip to extract. It has no bearing on burning sounds to the DVD. That would still function.

#7 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

You need to have a program that is working well with your device. Try to look on the web. Lots of choices for you to make in there.

#8 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

You need to have a program that is working well with your device. Try to look on the web. Lots of choices for you to make in there.

It worked before though.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

This would have to suggest some form of file corruption....or the introduction of something that is not playing nice with that particular program.

Have you run sfc/ scannow ?

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#10 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

OK. I'll run that.

#11 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

It says it found corrupted files but could not fix them. The CBS.log is 550 MB and Notepad won't let me open it. 

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:50 PM

Please note that CBS logs are not my forte...So I am counting on Windows Repair to sort this out.

It certainly will cause no harm.

Download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/dl/265/ from this site

Install the program then run it.

NOTE 1. In Windows Vista, 7 and 8 right click on the program, click "Run As Administrator".
NOTE 2. Disable your antivirus program before running Windows Repair.

Go to Step 3 and click on Check button next to 1. See If Check Disk Is Needed.
If the tool indicates that the Check Disk is needed click on Do It button next to 2. Check Disk, then restart your computer.

Once the above is done, go to Step 4 and allow it to run System File Check by clicking on the Do It button.

Go to Step 5 and under"System Restore" click on Create button.

Go to Start Repairs tab and click the Start button.

Leave the check marks as they are.
NOTE for Windows 8 users. Reset Registry Permissions is NOT checked by design.

Click on Start Repairs button.

After the repair finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer. Please allow it to do so.

Please post the Windows Repair log which is located in the following folder:
64-bit systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs
32-bit systems - C:\Program Files\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs

#13 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

On step 4 right now...

#14 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

I'm on Step 5 and it hung on Setting Owner first.

#15 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Is this in the Registry backup ??...or system restore ??

Edited by Condobloke, 18 August 2015 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users