Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google favorites disappeared upon installation of Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbbates

gbbates

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

I successfully installed Windows 10 on my Panasonic laptop but when I went to Internet Explorer and then to Google, all my favorites were gone. I was under the misconception that this wonder-product would update my systems seamlessly.

Anybody out there have a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

G'day gbbates, and Welcome to BC.

Microsoft Edge is the default browser on Win 10.....did you install Internet Explorer..?

Do you have a backup anywhere..?

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-import-or-export-bookmarks-when-using-internet-explorer-11

http://www.wikihow.com/Back-Up-Favorites-in-Internet-Explorer

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

I successfully installed Windows 10 on my Panasonic laptop but when I went to Internet Explorer and then to Google, all my favorites were gone. I was under the misconception that this wonder-product would update my systems seamlessly.

Anybody out there have a solution?

Yes re-import your favorites. Your favorites are stored in a folder under your account in the user folder.  Their is a favorites folder for every account that has logged into the PC. If you created a new MS account to login to Windows 10. The favorites folder you need is under another account in the User folder. Also IE is still in Windows 10.   

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users