Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google favorites disappeared upon installation of Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbbates

gbbates

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

I successfully installed Windows 10 on my Panasonic laptop but when I went to Internet Explorer and then to Google, all my favorites were gone. I was under the misconception that this wonder-product would update my systems seamlessly.

Anybody out there have a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

G'day gbbates, and Welcome to BC.

Microsoft Edge is the default browser on Win 10.....did you install Internet Explorer..?

Do you have a backup anywhere..?

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-import-or-export-bookmarks-when-using-internet-explorer-11

http://www.wikihow.com/Back-Up-Favorites-in-Internet-Explorer

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#3 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

I successfully installed Windows 10 on my Panasonic laptop but when I went to Internet Explorer and then to Google, all my favorites were gone. I was under the misconception that this wonder-product would update my systems seamlessly.

Anybody out there have a solution?

Yes re-import your favorites. Your favorites are stored in a folder under your account in the user folder.  Their is a favorites folder for every account that has logged into the PC. If you created a new MS account to login to Windows 10. The favorites folder you need is under another account in the User folder. Also IE is still in Windows 10.   

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users