Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notification problems since update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris030

Chris030

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

Hi guys,

Since I've updated my laptop and a few others, I encountered some tiny issues.

The updates went all without problem. After the update, the antivirus (Kaspersky) was missing on all laptops. No big deal, reinstall.

After booting the laptops there a some messages popping up, here they are:

• VPN service not available. (The VPN service was never used in the first place with the older windows version (8.1))
  • Your actual version from your audio Dolby driver is 7.2.8000.17, but the software needs 7.2.7000.4. Please install the newest driver and the compatible software. (My driver is the newest no? Should I just uninstall & reinstall? If yes, how exactly?)
  • My NumLock is always off when I boot my laptop. It wasn't like that on windows 7. (It's no big deal, I'm just curious and I want to know ^^)

I think I'll start with this.

Hopefully someone can help me :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

I dont have a lot of experience with drivers etc....but I would think that if you can find that 'audio Dolby driver' in device manager, right click on it and select Uninstall....then reboot.    Windows will install the 'correct' driver upon rebooting.

vpn service ....no clue

num lock....Yes....this ticks me off something chronic. I have letters followed by numbers in my password. Enter the letters, then realise num lock is not on.....hit the button to activate num lock and it "counts" as an entry in my password.....grrrrr.....start again. 

I think it is an indication of what NickAu said....this OS has "a buggy GUI"

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

#3 Chris030

Chris030
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

I dont have a lot of experience with drivers etc....but I would think that if you can find that 'audio Dolby driver' in device manager, right click on it and select Uninstall....then reboot.    Windows will install the 'correct' driver upon rebooting.

I'll try that, thanks!

num lock....Yes....this ticks me off something chronic. I have letters followed by numbers in my password. Enter the letters, then realise num lock is not on.....hit the button to activate num lock and it "counts" as an entry in my password.....grrrrr.....start again.

You're right ^^

I think it is an indication of what NickAu said....this OS has "a buggy GUI"

Yes, I presume they're working on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users