Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COM Surrogate - Slowing computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 titanicbreed

titanicbreed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

I have tried repeatedly to correct the com surrogate "virus/malware".  I have found Trojans, roots, etc. and thought the problem was corrected.  
After a week or so of "virus free", 20-30 instances of COM surrogate have started up.  
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated on how to get rid of this!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Sounds like poweliks. Run the Eset tool. It will take less than 2 minutes to download and run it. Let me know if Poweliks is found as shown in the bottom image.

Please download Powelikscleaner (by ESET) and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe to start the tool.
  • Read the terms of the End-user license agreement and click Agree if you agree to them.
  • The tool will run automatically. If the cleaner finds a Poweliks infection, press the Y key on your keyboard to remove it.
  • If Poweliks was detected "Win32/Poweliks was successfully removed from your system" will be displayed. Press any key to exit the tool and reboot your PC.

1.png
2.png

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users